Subway inspired double chocolate chip cookies
1. 1/2 of a cooking chocolate bar
2. 125grams softened unsalted butter
3. 75 grams soft brown sugar + 50 grams white sugar
4. 150 grams flour
5. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
6. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
8. 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
9. 1 cold egg
10. White chocolate chips as much as you like
Method (for 12 big hearty cookies) 1. Double boil the cooking chocolate bar till it becomes a nice chocolate pool.
2. Beat until creamy – softened unsalted butter and both the sugar
3. Add the dry ingredients to step 2 – flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and the vanilla essence.
4. While these are combined well, add the melted chocolate and the cold egg into it and beat everything together.
5. Now the dough looks like icecream, that can be scooped. So add in chocolate chips, I added white to bring a contrast like Subway does but you could use dark or milk chocolate chips.
6. Now mix the chips in with a spoon.
7. On a baking tray, put on a baking sheet. With an icecream scoop take mounds of cookie batter and place them with gap in between. Don’t worry they will flatten when baked.
8. Bake for around 18 mins in 190 degrees preheated oven.
Serve with a big mug of milk!