Ingredients: To serve 1-2 persons
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- About 4 tablespoons Aglio e Olio sauce (I used the fresh one by Saucery http://saucery.in/product/aglio-olio/ )
If you don't have access to the Saucery brand, then make the sauce yourself using the below 5 ingredients! Very easy.
-1/3 cup olive oil (Use a really good quality, it makes a difference)
-About 7-9 big cloves of garlic shopped very small
-1 teaspoon chilly flakes
-A big handful of finely chopped parsley or basil leaves (You can throw any good herbs of your choice)
-A pinch of salt
- Water in a pot to cook the pasta
- 2 cubes of chicken/vegetable stock
- In your pot, bring the water to a boil and add the chicken or vegetable stock cubes to it. Stir until it has dissolved.
- Add the orzo pasta and boil until it has cooked to the tenderness you like.
- Drain your pasta and set aside
- Add the aglio e olio sauce and pasta to a pan or wok, mix well, and then heat it. This is because a very heated pan could burn your garlic and that ruins the dish.
- You can top it with grated parmesan cheese if you like right before serving. I skipped the cheese.
NOTE: The choice of sides is completely yours. In this picture I have put very non authentic sides of mustard marinated grilled fish fillet along with a simple parsley-tomato-cucumber salad. You could serve it with chicken or grilled vegetables or if your heart desires, some leftover gravy! Yum!