Ingredients for rice
2 CUPS Basmati rice (we use brand Tilda)
3 CUPS boiled water (measure with same cup as you measured rice)
2 Chicken stock cubes (we use Maggi)
3 Dry Lemon (if large use 2)
Ingredients For chicken marination
4 Large chicken quarters skin off (if small-medium sized get 6-7 chicken quarters)
1.5 Tablespoon ginger garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Juice of 1 big lemon
Ingredients to blend
3 ripe tomatoes
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup mint leaves
5-6 green chillies
2 chopped large red onions
1 teaspoon whole spice/mixed spice powder (We use the brand Schwartz)
1.5 teaspoon cumin powder
1 tablespoon green chilly sauce (we use brand Ching)
1 small Tomato paste (we use the brand Al-Ain or Lacnor)
Salt to taste
• Chicken marination method
1 ½ tablespoon ginger garlic paste, 1-2 teaspoons olive oil, turmeric powder, salt and black pepper. Marinate this on 1 chicken cut into 4 pieces for at least one hour.
• For the gravy masala:
1. Heat some olive oil and sauté in it 2 small chopped onions.
2. Blend 2-3 tomatoes along with a cup each of mint and coriander leaves and 4-5 green chillies in a blender until it becomes a greenish red puree. Sauté this with the onions.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of readymade tomato paste.
4. Next goes 1 ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ¾ teaspoon garam masala, 1 tablespoon green chilli sauce.
5. Add the marinated chicken next and allow it to blend in for a while.
6. Allow the chicken to cook in a low flame.
7. Once cooked, take out the chicken pieces alone and set the gravy aside. Shallow fry the chicken pieces in some olive oil.
• For the rice
1. Heat 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and roast 2 cups of basmati rice in this.
2. Add 3 cups of boiled water, 1 cube chicken stock, the juice of 1 lemon, salt and 2 dried lemons.
3. Allow the rice to cook until all the water has evaporated. You will notice that the rice is only about 80% cooked which is how it should be for now.
4. Now add this rice to the gravy in which the chicken was cooked. Mix well in a medium flame until the rice has been coated really well and the gravy has dried. This sauce will help your rice cook 100%.
• Now serve the rice on a nice plate with a piece of fried chicken on the top.